Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a Week!!!!!!

I can't believe the week I had! I had all of these grand plans of things to do on and offline and my computer crashed! We finally finished our boys' room and now we are working on our daughter's room. We started the painting today and we will finish it tomorrow and then put up her loft bed and put her new desk together. Today was the shopping day for new curtains and a couple of new floor pillows and she talked me into an ottoman. Not the cheapest shopping experience but definitely a memorable one and it's not like we do this redecorating thing all of the time.

I'll be back to doing the shopping for deals things tomorrow, as well as the see what we have in the house to use as something else that we need and just try to keep up with my goal as reducing, reusing and recycling. As the days, weeks, months go on, this concept seems to get even more important to me. I guess it has something to do with going back to the basic times and listening to my grandmother telling me stories about when she was growing up. It was a good time, except for the great deprssion, but they learned a lot from that time period. I want to teach my kids to respect everyone and everything and to live well within their means. They need to learn how to save up for things and only buy them when they have the money and when they REALLY NEED them. I wish I had been taught that a little more.... But, you learn as you go and you can't go back in time to change anything. You can just change the way you think about certain things and THAT DEFINITELY DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT!!!

Staples is starting their big back to school shopping deals tomorrow and Target has started putting their school supplies out.

Target also has a lot of clearance in the toy department, but not sure how much it is marked down, because I wasn't able to look while I was out shopping today.

I'll keep you all posted as I get into this more and more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment