Sunday, September 26, 2010

Very Lazy Sunday

I have been hanging out this afternoon, watching reruns of CSI NY. My husband has our oldest son at the races, since it's the last one of the season. My youngest son and daughter are somewhere in the house and are being very quiet! I know I should be asking why but right now I'm too busy relaxing.....

I have had lots of things running through my mind lately and have been trying to keep up with all of them. I would love to get my house organized, plan for my upcoming trip and get a lot more cooking and baking done. Then I end up with a day like this and decide that I really don't want to do anything!   :)

I think I'm going to take a page from my children and just hang out and do whatever I feel like. I thankfully have that mind frame that my children do not have to be busy all of the time. I don't over schedule them, they can only play one sport each at a time. They also do scouts and my oldest does violin through school, but that's it. They don't need to have a play date all of the time, they don't need meetings and activities, they can actually be bored for a little bit. AND I'm not totally against TV and video games on occasion......

I know that these last couple of hours of quiet from my kids are all I'm going to be getting for a while. I know reality will set in, they will need me for something, want something for dinner, need showers before bed, etc...

And as I typed that last part, my youngest did indeed come up to me and ask "Can we look to see what we have around for Halloween costumes and also put up the fall decorations?" 

I don't think I would have it any other way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment