Friday, October 8, 2010

Rough Week

It's been a rough week around here. I had a bad cold, a headache and did a lot of sleeping. While I was sleeping one day, my husband finished up with painting the kitchen. He sure knew I wasn't feeling well, because I slept through all of the banging and vacuuming, etc....

We had a great weekend last week!  We went to Liberty Ridge Farms for the all scouts weekend and the kids had a blast!  :)  Bonus for mom and dad.......  They went through the huge corn maze, saw pigs race, sat in a hen house filled with corn,walked in giant gerbil wheels, drove pumpkin vine 500 cars and had their faces painted.  There was a lot more there, but that's all that time would allow.  This weekend, my youngest has his "homecoming" football game and then we're thinking of heading up to Great Escape for their frightfest. Also, I see some apple picking in our future. Kyle is taking Jared to the super dirt races on Sunday in Syracuse and he is taking both boys hiking with the cubscouts on Monday. Prospect Mountain get ready, 'cuz some cubs are coming to climb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I accomplished a lot this week, despite everything. I went through all of the gifts I ordered and put them on my Christmas list and put them in bins. I organized the office a little and cleaned out some things. Today I went to the springs to get water, went to Price Chopper for the deals and went to the library to return some books and get one they were holding for me. I've also done laundry, dishes and cleaned out my daughter's closet (not pretty!).  Now I've been relaxing and catching up on some computer stuff, before I go swap out laundry and I'm thinking about making FishMama's Apple Slab Pie.  You can find the recipe on her website at http://www.lifeasmom.com/.  She's got a lot of make ahead freezer recipes and I can't wait to try this one.  It is definitely the day for it. 

Then my evening will start as will the rest of my countdown to my vacation without children next weekend.  I'll spend a wonderful week in Las Vegas with my husband and no children.  I see many hours relaxing by the pool and seeing the sights and hopefully reading lots of books.  Also, I am hoping that my foot will hurry up and continue with the recovery process.  Still hanging in there with it, but boy is it getting tough!  (as you could probably tell, since you all know I can't go into stores myself without my crutches. So you all know I was cheating when I was shopping earlier today)  I can't wait until I can walk again without the crutches and without the cast.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend with your families and I know some of you will have a longer weekend because of Columbus Day.  Let me know if you find any great deals out there this holiday weekend!

By the way, Old Navy has coats on sale for the whole family tomorrow. $16 each with a limit of 5 per customer. Get there early for the best selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment