Monday, March 7, 2011

Book Review

I am reviewing a book that I received from http://www.booksneeze.com/.  They sent me a complimentary copy of Seek Me With All Your Heart by Beth Wiseman.  I would like to remind everyone that the review I am posting is one with my own opinions, with no input from the website that I received the book from.

This book was an easy read with wonderful characters and a wonderful setting.  I loved that it incorporated true Pennsylvania Dutch language (there is a glossary in the front of the book) which the Amish use.  Being part Pennsylvania Dutch, it was nice to learn some of this language myself. 

This story is about two families who moved from their original Amish communities, because of complications in their lives.  The new community they moved into is much smaller than their old ones and they have to learn how to grow food on their new land.  They also have to move into houses that weren't as nice as their old ones.  These new ones required a lot of renovations and those renovations didn't even require electricity. 

They learned how make new friends and find their way with new ways of thinking.  Their families combined together during worship and in times of need and together they learned how to renew their faith in their community.

This was a great book with a lot of information regarding how the Amish live.  You don't have to know a lot about Amish people to enjoy this book.  This book will give you the guidelines you need to understand that people of different faiths can still be friends and help one another.  Definitely on my recommend list.

No comments:

Post a Comment