Monday, March 14, 2011

The Day After......................

It's the Monday after daylight savings time and what a day it's been!  My oldest decided he thought he was going to be sick minutes before he was to get on the bus, so being the mom that I am, I let him stay home.  Come to find out, he has a health fair this week and had to have a presentation prepared to speak in front of other students.  Could this be the issue behind the tummy trouble???  He also needed a poster for this presentation, that he never told me about, so being the "mom" that I am, he is working on it now, with the bucket next to him (just in case it really is tummy trouble). 

My daughter has been going through anxiety issues, so I had to try to keep her calm all morning, which was no easy task.  One of these days, I would like a very easy morning (waking up to something other than "mommy, so and so is doing _____________!", maybe some breakfast in bed (or at least breakfast), and no chaos when I'm trying to make sure I've signed everything homework wise for the kids.  Ok, now thatI'm done dreaming, back to reality!

My game plan for the week is to try to get some baking done, since I have a few things in my fridge that are going to be expiring soon.  I also would like to get started on my spring cleaning.  Before I do that, however, I would like to go through a lot of the stuff in the house and pull out things that we are not using anymore and either giving them to friends, selling them on craigslist or donating them to people who are less fortunate than us.  I am trying to teach my children that not everyone has as much as we do, and that they should consider that we are very lucky.  I am also trying to teach them that as long as we have each other, a roof over our heads and food on the table, we should feel very blessed.  It's an ongoing lesson, even with myself at times! 

Of course, we will have the usual things that need to be done this week as well, but I feel very refreshed, because we really didn't have any plans this weekend.  We did run a couple of errands Saturday night and then went to dinner at Denny's.  It was nice to not have to cook and especially nice to not have to clean up everything after!  Not a bad deal, either, since we had a 20% off our entire purchase coupon and I had a $25 gift card.  Our total before tip was only 78 cents!  My kind of deal.  I'll have to try to do that more often. 

I also have to start planning my shopping trips for this week.  A couple of stores have some good deals and some are so-so.  If I get to them all, great, if not, I'm sure we can survive with what we have.  It's time to clean out the coupon binder again as well.  Have to make sure I use the coupons that will expire at the end of the month, if I find a great deal to pair them with.  Nothing is worse than finding a coupon a couple of days after the expiration date and knowing you could have used it and gotten a good deal on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment