Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Fun!

The weather has started to turn cooler here in the Northeast and that means that there are so many things to do. Football has started for the kids, so us parents show up at the field with drinks, snacks, chairs and blankets (Yes, I do NOT like the cold!).  Soccer and lacrosse are also popular with some families.

Hiking, apple picking, fall fairs and festivals, pumpkin patches are other ideas, to name a few.  We went apple picking last week and made some applesauce yesterday and apple slab pie a few days ago.  LOTS of fun for the kids and lots of cleanup for mom, but SO worth it!

We have a hike planned in a couple of weeks and I know that we'll be going to the pumpkin patch.

While all of this is going on, this busy mom will be starting to do her fall cleaning, fall baking and get into gear for the holidays.  My holiday shopping is probably a third of the way done and I'm feeling a little behind at the moment.  I have a few items that I need to start making to give as gifts, because I always think it's a brilliant idea to do some homemade gifts.  Where is my brain????  I forget about the life we all lead sometimes! 

I will definitely be taking some time out to spend with my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment