Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We Survived the First Day of School

Yesterday I sent my oldest off to middle school for the first time, while my younger two went back to elementary school.  So now, I'm going to try and balance myself between the two schools.  But that is for another day!

My oldest woke up crying yesterday and didn't want to eat anything before he left. He was all packed up and ready so the morning went fairly well (except for the fact that we have to get up so early). I got him on the bus and told him I'd see him at the end of the day.

My younger two woke up after my oldest left and I went through the same routine with them except there were no tears this time.  This was pretty much routine for them since they were going back to the same school.  Drove them to the bus stop. 

Then I went to school to help a teacher organize all of the school supplies that came in. Ran a few errands after that and then it was time to do the pickups at the bus stop. I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to be living there......................

The middle school/high school bus was about 10 minutes late. No biggie!  Came home and went through all of the papers with my son, heard about his day (with excitement in his voice) and heard about what supplies he needed.

Back up to the bus stop.........

Elementary bus was 25 minutes late. Oh well!!  Life goes on.  Came home with the other two plus my two extras and heard about their day, went through the mountain of paperwork and found out what else they needed to take to school.

And out of the mouth of my youngest was the best thing of all "My teacher is so pretty, mommy!!"

I can't wait to see what else we all learn together this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment