Monday, September 12, 2011

Time for Exercise!!

With all of the struggles of parenting, relationships and household duties, sometimes our priorites get a little mixed up!  We often forget about ourselves and put many people first.  I know that I do that all of the time!  I feel like my family and friends should get all of my energy and don't realize that by doing that, I'm neglecting myself.  We need to prioritize and make sure that we give our bodies what it needs.

One way of doing this is by exercising.  I know, that word is not a good one.  Here's the good news -- playing with your kids outside counts!  As does walking them to the bus stop.  And all of those errands you run (you know, the ones where you are trying to find as many good deals as you can, to stretch the budget.....) park a little further from the store to get a few extra steps in.

Take 10 minutes to stretch in the morning, another 10 later in the day for walking and another 10 in the evening doing yoga or pilates.  Or throw some weight training in a 10 minute slot.  The possibilities are endless and you should never get bored. 

Try to find somewhere where you can go swimming with the family.  We try to take the kids to the Y and after swimming we hang out in the gym shooting hoops.  Get your kids or significant other to join you and get some quality time together.

You're Worth It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment