Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When Your Child Is Sick..................

It has been a long couple of days, at least I think that's how long it's been. It seems much, much longer to me. Sunday morning, my youngest told me he was having trouble breathing. I listened to him and he sounded a little congested and I just thought he had a cold. After all, it is the start of fall here in the Northeast!  He played off and on throughout the day, but for the most part was quiet. Such a change from my usual moving at all times child!

Sunday night when he fell asleep, his breathing was way off. He was breathing so fast and being the mom I am, I had to make the agonizing decision to either wait it out, till we could get to the doctor or take him to the ER. I decided on the wait approach, because he was out cold. I was next to him in bed all night and I didn't sleep much.

Monday we went to the doctor and even though his breathing seemed a whole lot better to me, he was still breathing too fast.  He is now on 3 medications and had to have a chest x-ray.  He is out of school for most of the week, at least until we see the doctor again on Thursday afternoon. 

This means a rearrangement of our my schedule this week. All of the time I planned on being at school, means I have to be home.  He needs to be kept quiet all week (how do you do that with a 7 year old boy???) and I need to continue to try to get everything I need to get done, done and take care of the rest of my family.  Did I mention that I haven't really slept in 2 nights? 

Somehow I will have to try to squeeze in some take care of me time, so I don't have a flare or run myself down. I'll get back to you on that....................

No comments:

Post a Comment