Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our Vacation Part Four - Leaving Family and Friends and Returning Home

We're back from another weekend away, while I try to finish our last vacation's post!  I'm going to have to start typing these up ahead of time, so all I have to do is hit post!

It was bittersweeet when we left Savannah.  We had a wonderful time and lots of fun, but saying goodbye is always hard.  What made it easier was knowing that we would be seeing them when they came up here in July AND that knowing we could Skype any time we had a moment or two.

We got up about 5:30 am to finish loading the van and to give out hugs and then we started out.

My husband drove the beginning of the drive, which was nice, because he was able to see how long it took to get through South Carolina and North Carolina. I had driven most of that on the way down while he slept, so he didn't realize how long they were.  He also got the Virginia part on the way back and his comment was "Does this state ever end???"  Mine was "Eventually!!" as I drifted back off to sleep...............

It took us 17 1/2 hours to get home and when we arrived, we had tired kids, tired parents and one very happy kitty, who wanted to play all night.  What an adventure and YES, I would do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment