Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Vacation Part Three - The Beach and Shopping

Here is the long waited for part three of our trip dpwn south! 

The beaches down there are fabulous and the water and scenery is beautiful!  The best part is that you can watch dolphins as they're going by!  I could sit on the sand, reading a book, catching some rays and watching the dolphins all day.  The kids and my husband, well, maybe not so much.......

Here is what we did at Tybee Island Beach and Hilton Head Beach:

The kids and my husband went in the water and played, swam and searched for sand dollars.  They also built sand castles complete with moats.  I sat and watched, handed out snacks, caught some rays and did a little reading.  Also, I was the picture taker. 

We found a dead jellyfish that had washed up onto the sand so we had a little science lesson (don't you love it when you can have a teachable moment  :)  ). 

When we were in Hilton Head and done at the beach, we went to the outlets.  My daughter had to go into Justice (of course) and we also went into Old Navy.  My daughter bought quite a few things from Justice, but they were all reasonably priced.  A lot were on clearance or on sale and the store was running a 40% off everything special.  Works for me!  Old Navy had a few things that I purchased for myself and a few baby items for my sister's new little one in September.

All in all, it was a beautiful, fun filled, tiring, family and friends, hanging out kind of day!  What a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment