Monday, May 9, 2011

Beginning of a new week

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I hope all you moms out there enjoyed your day.  Mine started with the kids fighting over who was going to make me what for breakfast, followed by the delivery of 1 piece of french toast with nothing on it and 3 strawberries.  At least some of the breakfast dishes were done.  Fast forward to dinner --  I didn't mind making it because we were just finishing up some things in the fridge so they wouldn't go to waste.  Well, nobody even considered doing the dinner dishes for me!  Oh well, some therapy in soapy water is a good thing.   :)

I have been on a roll cleaning today and have been alternating between keeping busy and resting.  I finished an entire book yesterday and I even though I have some spare time this afternoon and would like to read, I'm asking myself if I'm being too selfish???  OK, I'm not even going to give THAT another thought!

This week is going to be busy with softball and soccer, PTA meeting, going shopping to get some jewelry making things for the raffle basket our team needs to donate for the pasta dinner the league has, clean up day for the front of our school, a doctor's appointment and probably a million other things.  Oh, and did I mention that in 2 weeks, we'll be leaving to drive down to Georgia for a graduation??  I need to start prepping for that trip as well.  I have that list started and just have to find the best way for me to do this.  I'm planning on keeping up with this around the house as best I can, keep my shopping trips short and sweet, and plan on baking up a storm, so we have goodies for our trip!  I want to use up some of our stockpile so it will be easier to rotate and know what I have so I can start stocking up on the summertime needs and wants. (smores anyone??)

Speaking of shopping, I am planning on trying to tweak my diet a little.  I need to make sure that I am eating the foods that are the best for my body and keep the processed and junk foods to a minimum.  How am I supposed to give up chocolate????  This is going to be a very long process, but I'm sure in the long run, it will make me feel a whole lot better.  If anyone has any ideas or ways to help me figure all of this out, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment