Monday, May 16, 2011

A Rainy, Busy Monday

Today's weather seems to match my mood!  After a super busy weekend, filled with soccer and softball games, shopping and a trip to Howe Caverns, all I really wanted to do today was relax.  However, that word should never be anywhere near a mom's lips.  :)  

I took my oldest to the dentist this morning to have his last baby tooth pulled out.  Since he has braces on (for the second time) they wanted this tooth out sooner than later.  I decided that they should give him the medicine that would make him sleepy and not remember anything.  He's terrible when it comes to stuff like this.  Afterwards was such a comical sight!  He kept asking the same questions over and over again, said he was seeing 2 of everything and doesn't even remember calling home to tell his dad that he was okay and just waiting to come out of la la land, before he came home.  I was laughing hysterically!  I think that the best part was when we were on our way home and he asked what something was.  Since I couldn't see where he was pointing, I was getting confused.  Then I realized that he was talking about the road!  He couldn't remember the most basic stuff and then he said that his brains weren't working!   :) 

That was the bright part of my day.  The kids had a special persons' luncheon today, so I thought I'd be nice and send my husband, since I get to eat with the kids whenever I want to.  And someone had to be with the one that was still kind of in la la land.  The lunch was over at 1:10 and they had to leave to school to get home, so I could take the younger 2 to the dentist for a cleaning at 2:00.  At 1:40 my husband still wasn't home with the kids, so I called and he STILL hadn't left school!  He said our youngest wasn't down yet and he just sent our daughter to find him.  Now it was the youngests' lunch that ended at 1:10, so he had him, but I guess he didn't bring his stuff with him.  But why my husband thought it was a good thing to wait a half hour before sending someone to find him, is the question?????   So, now I'm home and my husband had to drive the kids to the dentist, since he couldn't come home first.  Maybe he'll start to realize what a mom's life is like???  ok, so maybe not so much.........................

At least now, I can laugh about it, that is until the kids come home crying because I wasn't there!   :(

Many more things to do this afternoon, so I guess I'll get a move on listing some things on etsy, check some emails, do some baking, get a loaf of bread together, laundry, make sure I remember to pick up the co-op food order, and think of something to make for dinner.  Or I could take the stress free route and curl up and finish my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment