Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekends with RA and fibromyalgia

Having RA and fibromyalgia means I have to plan my weekends a little differently than some people.  My kids all do sports and scouts and any other activity that interests them.  Although, I do try to limit them to a couple of things per season.  By the time you've gone to a couple of games on Saturday and then maybe get to the library and then if something special is going on, your day is gone.  For Sunday, if it's a scout meeting day, the afternoon has vanished from you and the morning is usually spent playing catch up for anything that really needs to be done. 

So planning has become key to my weekends.  Unfortunately my planning skills could use some work!  I'm not always sure what we're having for dinner and I'm always behind on the dishes and the laundry.  The one thing that I am always sure of is that I love spending time with my family and friends!  Everything can wait until I can get to it.  It usually means that I spend half of the week playing catch up but that's ok, since everyone is in school or at work.  I'm slowly learning that I need to have my family pitch in more when it comes to doing the chores, even though it makes me feel guilty.  I feel like that's my job and their job is either to go to work or school and do their best at that.  But, I'm working on it!

Everything in my life seems to be a work in progress.  I have a feeling that my life is always going to be that way and that's fine.  I'm going to eventually learn to adjust my attitude to whatever works at this time in my life is how I'm going to do things. 

How about you???????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment